Wednesday 15 July 2009

Juihua Shan



(written on 15/07/09, posted on 17/09/09)

Yesterday I travelled into Hefei then onto Juihua Shan, one of the four famous Buddhist mountains. Again the only Westerner on the bus out of 60 people. As I wondered round Juihua on the mountain, I came to realise I was actually the only westerner in the village.


The two hour walk up the mountain steps was entertaining as people would either stare, say hello or chat me up as was the case with one Buddhist monk. Something made me think he wasn't a very dedicated one.


Back at my hotel I'm likely to be thought of as the mad loner as I've somehow ended up in a 'family hotel' where many of the rooms are let out over a longer term to larger groups. 'Ended up' is probably an elaboration as I was practically dragged off the bus and into a car that dumped me outside the hotel. At least I haggled. Although I later find out the locals price was quite a bit cheaper still!

1 comment:

  1. "The two hour walk up the mountain steps was entertaining as people would either stare, say hello or chat me up as was the case with one Buddhist monk. Something made me think he wasn't a very dedicated one."

    You must be thinking you are a VIP being the only westerner.

    I must say you have good karma to be in buddhist Mount JuiHua , but u have created a bad karmic by critising a monk.

    What makes you think you have a right to judge a monk whether he is dedicated or not !!!

    Go repent on your judgement.
    May Metta Blessing be with You

    Amitofo

    Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu

    ReplyDelete